- This event has passed.
The WIN Guard meeting 16 January 2020
January 16 @ 09:00 - 16:00
First Responders 2.0
Welcome to Borås on January 16 2020 when Smart Textiles and WIN Guard invite you to a day dedicated to the first responders of the future. How can we create a safer work environment for emergency personnel with the help of new technology and how can such new technology contribute to more effective rescue operations? Can technology tell what will happen in the future and if so when? And should the sensors of the future be part of the protective gear or maybe even implanted in the body?
Smart Textiles in Borås conducts research on textiles, clothing and how sensors can be used for support. They will share with us insights of their work and their keen interest in taking on the field of PPE (personal protective equipment). Of course we will also take a look at their showroom during the day! We will learn about how their research can be used to make the work environment safer for first responders such as paramedics, emergency medical technicians, police officers, firefighters, rescuers, and other trained members of organisations connected with this type of work.
Representatives of the police, ambulance and emergency services will tell us about what challenges and needs they see in their line of work. MSB works with these issues internationally through IFAFRI, the International Forum to Advance First Responders, which we will learn more about through IFAFRI representatives. The day will also highlight ethical issues that arise with the use of new technology and the data it creates.
Thought-provoking presentations from boundary-pushing organisations and businesses
- Welcome to Smart Textiles – the home of game-changing sensors in clothes (preliminary title) — Nils-Krister Persson, Smart Textiles
- TBA — Stefan Bengtsson, Södra Älvsborg Räddningsförbund
- The needs of a private rescue service: How can sensors make rescue operations faster, safer and more effective? — Peter Bergqvist, Securitas
- International Forum to Advance First Responder Innovation — Yvonne Näsman, MSB / IFAFRI
Inspiring presentations from game-changing innovation companies
- SILS – A C2 system bridging the gap between government and voluntary organizations to effectively coordinating resources in rescue missions — Karin Skarp, West Code Solutions
- Safe and out – Being a bridge between the emergency rescue service and corporation — Dženan Hasanić & Dhiraj Paryani, Safe and out
- Occasion Detection – Every sound is heard — David Radzzuweit, Occasion Detection
- Lumeo Tech – Attach anything. Anywhere — Leo Wu, Lumeo Tech
- LifeFinder – Intelligent alert system that saves lives — Anders Schening, LifeFinder
- LunaMicro – The next generation of functional fabric for moisture control — Katarina Bengtsson, LunaMicro
Join us when emergency services, SOS Alarm, large companies, public organisations such as MSB and most important of all exciting innovation companies come together to learn from each other, discuss and network!
So don’t forget to mark January 16 in your calendars!
If you know a suitable speaker or innovation company that could contribute to our meeting, please contact Johan Persson: email@example.com.
Place: Smart Textiles, Skaraborgsvägen 3a, 506 30 Borås
Date: January 16 2020
Time: 9.00 – 16.00 (program starts at 10.00)
Host: Smart Textiles by Science Park Borås
This event if free of charge for WIN members. For non-members the price is 7500 SEK excl. VAT. Please note that the number of participants is limited, so do not forget to register to secure your place. You can sign up for the WIN Guard meeting until January 9. Sign up here or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curious about what’s happening at WIN or interested in becoming a member? Use the opportunity for spontaneous or pre-booked meetings with the WIN team. Any questions or thoughts? Please contact email@example.com.