- This event has passed.
The WIN Guard Meeting April 23rd
April 23 @ 09:00 - 13:00
Hazardous Materials — How do we handle the new ones? Covid-19 effect on rescue services
We hope that you and your loved ones are feeling well given the circumstances! WIN runs its business as usual and welcomes you to the WIN Guard meeting on April 23. The meeting will be run digitally via Zoom as well as physically at Studio in Malmö for those of you already nearby.
Unusual times require unusual solutions and an open forum for innovation and innovation is now needed more than ever. We look forward to seeing you on April 23!
Hazardous materials are all around us with new substances popping up all the time. Today, we do not always have the knowledge of how to handle some of these new materials and substances in case of an accident. Join us at the WIN Guard meeting where we try to solve the challenges that these new substances present.
How can we for example safely discharge electric car batteries on site after a collision? Is it possible to relieve pressure of a gas tank without exposing rescue personnel to risks? What do we have to factor in when preparing for the transport of dangerous goods to avoid accidents with potentially explosive substances? These are just a few of the challenges that require innovative solutions — how can drones, robots, sensors or AI help to protect first responders and the public from exposure to dangerous substances?
At the meeting, we will highlight innovation companies that have found ways of addressing these threats and we will listen to those on the front lines to hear about their experiences and needs when handling incidents with hazardous materials and substances. We welcome you to a day of inspiring presentations, vivid discussions, active networking and knowledge exchange!
Sneak peek of the agenda
- The Swedish fire brigades’ need in the Corona pandemic, Utkiken
- Hazardous Materials – Swedish Rescue Services, Räddningstjänsten Perstorp
- The use of the app ”Farlige Stoffer”, Beredskabsstyrelsen Kemisk Beredskab
- Develop the emergency services’ ability to deal with incidents involving dangerous substances, FOI Totalförsvarets forskningsinstitut CBRN-skydd och säkerhet
- Fire and hazardous materials, RISE
- Stop a leak with vacuum, Harmånger Maskin & Marin
- Smart location-data to emergency teams: Optimize planning and implementation by providing real-time information about hazardous materials or any other relevant data about the area of the incident, Nagoon
- Group discussions on COVID-19’s effect on rescue services
- And as always, plenty of networking breaks with active matchmaking
Place: Zoom (digital participation) and Studio, Nordenskiöldsgatan 24, 211 19 Malmö
Date: April 23 2020
Time: 9.00 – 13.00
If you know a suitable speaker or innovation company that could contribute to our meeting, please contact Johan Persson: email@example.com.
Please note that the number of participants for the WIN Guard Meeting is limited, so do not forget to register to secure your place. You can sign up for the WIN Guard Meeting until April 16. Sign up by following this link or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions or thoughts? Please contact email@example.com.